2015 was an amazing year for Rocker!
After years of covering skating for Examiner.com (which I still do), I started Rocker Skating to expand my coverage and really give skating fans and followers things that they love - including my trademark play-by-play coverage and a full catalog of videos to watch from the big competitions. Since I launched Rocker in July 2015, the response from fans has been incredible. Within just six months, I am seeing numbers on my site that have already exceeded my coverage numbers on Examiner.
Interested in sponsoring Rocker? Take a look at the 2015 Rocker Media Kit to see just how big your audience could be.
And of course, none of that would be possible without all of you - the diehard skating fans and the loyal readership that I have amassed in the past few years. Here's what I've learned from you all.
- You LOVE play-by-plays and videos: Over half of the pageviews on Rocker are for the live play-by-play coverage that I bring you. Play-by-play is something that is common in mainstream sports but was never done in figure skating. It's something that I'm proud to be bringing you on almost a weekly basis.
- You also LOVE my previews and analyses: The other huge part of my coverage is my analysis. After all, I do brand myself "real, level-headed figure skating analysis." I'm glad to be able to bring you objective analysis in a generally subjective sport. The IJS may not be perfect, but it allows us to make sense of results a whole lot more than we used to be able to. Here are some of your favorites from my Opining series:
- You are from EVERYWHERE: I get readership from all over the world. Most of you are from the U.S., Japan, Canada, Russia, and Europe, but I love seeing that my coverage is also reaching people in South America, Africa, Australia, and the Middle East.
What's on tap for 2016? LOTS!
Here's a look at what's coming up in 2016 at Rocker.
- I'll be LIVE at 2016 U.S. Nationals in St. Paul, Minnesota! And much like last year, there will be practice videos, lots of up-to-the-second updates, and my usual play-by-play and analysis coverage of the competition. Come by and say hi if you're around.
- Will I be at 2016 Worlds in Boston? Word on the street is: very likely! I'll keep you all updated on my status for Worlds in the next few months.
- More analysis? More coverage? More middle-of-the-night tweeting? Even surprises? You bet!
And if you haven't watched it already - here's my 2015 Supercut, made for all of you. Happy 2016, and look forward to bringing you even more this year! Thank you again, everyone!