Crowdfunding has become a popular method for skating fans to support their favorite skaters. Figure skating is an expensive sport, and even though skating federations and competition prize money provide financial support, the bulk of expenses often falling on the skaters themselves and their families. While you're looking at your charitable giving this year, consider joining in to #SupportSkaters.
Know of a crowdfunding effort or skating donation effort that isn't linked here? Note that I am compiling senior and junior donation efforts through crowdfunding sources. Email it to email@example.com to get it included in this compilation!
If you are looking to help skaters through general donations, consider donating to national skating federations and other general funds:
- US Figure Skating, which has a general funds as well as more specific giving like the Memorial Fund, targeted toward student-athletes
- Skate Canada Fund, which has different funds that go toward skaters, coaches, and officials
- Michael Weiss Foundation
- Michal Brezina CZE - GoFundMe
- Nathan Chen USA - GoFundMe
- Alexei Krasnozhon USA - GoFundMe
- Javier Raya ESP - Patroncinalos
- Deniss Vasiljevs LAT - Pursu.it
- Julian Zhi-Jie Yee MAS - GoFundMe
- Marissa Castelli/Mervin Tran USA - GoFundMe
- Jessica Pfund/Joshua Santillan USA - GoFundMe
- Joy Weinberg/Maximiliano Fernandez USA - GoFundMe